Take a step towards becoming a highly skilled, multi-competent Police Constable. This Professional Policing Foundation Entry Degree leads on to a full BSc (Hons) programme.
Why study with us
- Your learning is reinforced by practical experience, achieved through operational deployment rotations across five areas of professional practice.
- Our School has outstanding facilities including Forensic Crime Scene Houses and the Hydra Minerva Suite for disaster management simulation.
- Opportunities within the University and the police force will develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours, helping you achieve academic and operational competence.
A day in the life of a Policing student
The Hydra Minerva Suite at the University of Central Lancashire
What you'll do
- Prepare for a physically and intellectually demanding occupation, requiring high-levels of emotional intelligence, strong behavioural interpretation skills.
- You’ll develop your ability to analyse and resolve rapidly evolving events, which is vital for a modern Police Constable (PC).
- The final year provides the opportunity to carry out a research-based study as well as study optional specialist areas of policing.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View our course facilities
In my first year, we studied recent police case studies in particular The Baby P case, a child cruelty case but treated with sensitivity by the lecturers. The highlight of my first year has been the module on policing operations which focuses on street policing.
Professional Policing Practice leads to the option to apply for a career in the police, or associated investigative professions.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary