Anne is an Occupational therapist and Senior Lecturer in Research, Public Health and Rehabilitation. She has a particular interest in the management of long-term conditions, and cardiac prevention and rehabilitation. During her academic career she has been involved in the development and delivery of programmes aimed at Allied Health Professionals, Medicine and Dental Professionals. Currently she is the Postgraduate Medical Programmes Coordinator and a Research Degree Tutor.
I graduated in 1991 as an Occupational therapist and have worked across a range of services within Mental Health, Learning disability, Acute Medicine and Oncology. My final clinical post, where I worked for 13 years, was within Cardiac Rehabilitation and Coronary Prevention Services. Here I developed expertise within patient education and health promotion and designing Health Behaviour Change Programmes. I also led the service specialising in anxiety and stress management and vocational rehabilitation.
I am particularly interested in the development of research skills within undergraduate and post graduate programmes and have particular experience of qualitative methods. My PhD explored the patient experience of living with heart failure.
Within the university I have been involved in the development and delivery of courses of all levels from Foundation degree within Health and Social care developing Assistant Practitioners within the NHS to MSc programmes within health and medicine.
- 2013 PhD Lancaster University
- 2008 University Certificate Teaching HE Teaching University of Central Lancashire
- 2005 Postgraduate Diploma Health Sciences. – Lancaster University
- 1991 Diploma in Occupational Therapy –University College Salford
- 2014 - Fellow Higher Education Academy
- 2010- Learning and Development Board. College of Occupational Therapists. London
- 2003-2005 Research Set Health R&D North West Cardiac Rehabilitation Practitioners
- 1995-2001 Secretary British Association of Cardiac Rehabilitation ;OT Specialist Section
- 1994-2008 Member of the British Association of Cardiac Rehabilitation
- 1991- State registered Occupational Therapist
- 1988- Member of the British Association of Occupational Therapists