Planning to build on your foundation degree or HND in engineering and move into a role with more responsibility and better prospects? This is the course for you.
Why study with us
- You’ll have access to arguably one of the best undergraduate laboratories in the country with specialist computing facilities.
- Our course is delivered by staff from the School of Engineering who are active in both research and knowledge transfer.
- Benefit from the latest high-quality equipment available in our new £35m Engineering Innovation Centre.
Sub and Supersonic Wind Tunnel Facilities
What you'll do
- We’re linked with the Jost Institute of Tribotechnology so there’s a collaborative working environment within this research-active community.
- Full-time students can enrol with Unites Internships, which offers work experience placements within the North West.
- Our Engineering Innovation Centre enables you to work on real-world projects with commercial partners in state-of-the-art facilities.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This BEng (Top-up) is accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology on behalf of the Engineering Council as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for registration as an Incorporated Engineer. Candidates must hold a IEng accredited HND/FdEng/FdSc to comply with full IEng registration requirements.
Nathalie Renevier is a Senior Lecturer in tribotechnology (coatings) and Course Leader for undergraduate maintenance engineering courses, as well as the Course Leader for MSc Maintenance Engineering. She has a physics, material sciences and business background with over 10 years'…
Matthew teaches across a range of subjects within the engineering department, from advanced design through to engineering simulation, as his expertise is within the dynamic and static analysis of components. Achieving a PhD in tribology, Matthew has progressed his expertise into…
There’s a world of career options available to mechanical maintenance engineers. They’re in high demand due to a shortage in this field. We’ve a 100% track record of graduate employment.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you are from a low income household our Financial Bursary may be able to help.Find out more about Financial Bursary
This course is based in the School of Engineering and Computing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page