Dr Geng Feng
Dr Geng Feng is a Lecturer in Engineering and Course Leader for BEng Mechanical Maintenance Engineering with Optional Placement. Geng lectures in the area of industrial systems engineering, concerning Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS). Geng is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) and recipient of IMech Donald Julius Groen Prize.
Geng is currently leading the BEng Mechanical Maintenance Engineering (with optional placement) programmes. He also delivers lectures with a specialisation in reliability and maintainability engineering. Geng supervises undergraduate and postgraduate students, including PhD research students. Geng is research active and is open to PhD applications who have interests in his research fields.
Geng joined in the School of Engineering, University of Central Lancashire as a Lecturer in 2018. He has been working as a researcher in University of Bristol and Thales UK Ltd after he obtained his Ph.D. degree from University of Liverpool in 2017.
Geng’s main research interests include:
- RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety) of complex systems
- Imprecision theory and applied mathematics
- Sensitivity analysis and component importance measures
- Design for reliability and disaster mitigation
- PGCert Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2021
- PhD Industrial Systems Engineering, University of Liverpool, 2017
- IMech Donald Julius Groen Prize, 2020
- Student Recognition Award for Scientific Contributions and Personal Merits, International Associate for Structural Safety & Reliability (IASSAR), 2017
- DAAD Researcher Grant of Leibniz University Hannover, German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), 2016
- System Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety
- Component Importance Measures
- Probability Theory
- Design for Reliability and Disaster Prevention
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Guest Editor for ASCE-ASME Journal of Risk and Uncertainty in Engineering System, Part B: Mechanical Engineering
- Member of International Council on Systems Engineering
- Associate Member of European System Reliability Associate