Forensic Science & Criminal Investigation
Discover the tools crucial to solving crime, with a degree built around the practical skills and scientific understanding of the collection and analysis of evidence.
Why study with us
- Our strategic alliance with Lancashire Constabulary offers the opportunity to gain vital experience and practical work placements in real-world operational environments.
- Forensic and Archaeological Sciences at UCLan is ranked 4th in the UK with 93% overall satisfaction, whilst being ranked 2nd in the UK for the teaching on the course (National Student Survey 2022).
- We offer the possibility for extra study at home and abroad – including an air crash investigation short course in Arizona, ballistic reconstruction course and Study Abroad exchange opportunities.
Lancashire Forensic Science Academy
This ground-breaking partnership gives you the opportunity to shadow real CSI's and gain industry placement experience.Find out more
What you’ll do
- You’ll be taught by numerous experienced professionals with a range of specialisms, such as CSI, counter-terrorism, or fire investigation.
- In year 3 you can tailor your studies to your personal strengths and professional ambitions.
- You’ll get hands-on with state-of-the-art facilities, including our dedicated crime scene houses, vehicle examination bay, laboratories and a Hydra Minerva simulation suite.
Discover the Lancashire Forensic Science Academy
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Join us on campus
Book a place at our Undergraduate Open Day on Saturday 17 June. Here you'll be able to explore our campus and facilities, meet academic staff and chat to students.Book your place
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by the Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences, demonstrating that it provides a solid, widely respected route into the highly competitive field of forensic and criminal investigation.
In a competitive job market, Forensic Science and Criminal Investigation BSc (Hons) graduates stand out – with the specialist skills and real-world experience to ensure they’re ready to get to work.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Natural Sciences located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page