Lecturer in Forensic Science
School of Natural Sciences
Paul started out as a Forensic Scientist in 2003 and spent his early years working as a DNA analyst with LGC Forensics. His areas of expertise and interests are body fluid examination and interpretation; particularly blood pattern analysis and DNA evidence.
Paul became a biology item examination trainer specialising in Crime Scene DNA recovery including the identification, examination and interpretation of body fluids. He has worked on a diverse multi-disciplinary range of forensic cases and has taught a wide variety of forensic science practitioners including police officers, variety of universities and colleges and other institutions.
Paul has a huge amount of practitioner experience gained prior to joining UCLan, having worked as a Forensic Scientist for over 19 years. He was a Forensic Specialist for Lancashire Constabulary working on serious crime, and a DNA analyst / item examination trainer for LGC Forensics.
Paul's current role is Lecturer of Forensic Science and currently he is module leader on FZ3035: Application of Forensic Science and FZ4004: Laboratory Management and Quality Assurance. Paul also works on forensic practice and criminalistics modules.
- BSc (Hons) Forensic and Biomolecular Science. Liverpool John Moores University – 2003
- PGCert in Science. Manchester Metropolitan University - 2021
- Advanced bloodstain pattern analysis - Loci Forensics, The Netherlands- 2013
- Courtroom Skills - Bond Solon Training -2010
- Divisional Commendation 2019 - for various cases in recognition of the way he managed a significantly high volume of serious and complex investigations which have resulted in a number of offenders being bought to justice.
- Paul became a biology item examination trainer specialising in Crime Scene DNA recovery including the identification, examination and interpretation of body fluids
- He is also interested in particulate evidence recovery, and the analysis of DNA profiles.
- Member of the Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences
- Member of the International Association of Bloodstain Pattern Analysts (IABPA)
- ENFSI European network of Forensic Science institutes - Lyon 2017
- IABPA International Association of Bloodstain analysts - Paris 2019
Telephone:+44 (0)1772 201201
Email: Email:Paul Langton