Computer Games Development (Foundation Entry)
Channel your love of computer games into your dream career starting with our Foundation Entry degree in Computer Games Development. It will prepare you to work as part of a multi-skilled team, producing high quality, innovative and exciting games to tight deadlines.
Why study with us
- You’ll learn by doing, using the high-performance kit in our purpose-built Games Laboratory and the University's general computer rooms.
- Where possible, we make software available for use on your own PC so you can develop your own games.
- Our laboratories allow you to use specialist software and to do things that wouldn’t be allowed on the public network (such as configuring networks, exploring computer viruses or testing system security).
Discover our Computer Science courses
What you'll do
- Our Computer Games Development course is supported by excellent facilities and industry-active staff.
- You’ll work in specialist laboratories, alongside staff with a wealth of computer games development experience.
- Develop your programming expertise using C++, maths and problem solving, as well as studying computer graphics, AI, game mechanics and effective practical software development.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Accreditations and Memberships
- The CITP provides independent recognition for professionals in the IT industry. This course has accreditation leading to BCS Professional Member (MBCS), Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP) and partial CEng exemption from the BCS, the professional computing body.
- We are an Educational Member of the British Computer Society providing benefits to our students such a free BCS membership for the duration of their Computer Science course. This help connections with the tech industry through BCS mentors, enables access to bespoke events with industry experts, as well as interactive career tools include CV writer, interview simulator, personal assessments and e-learning.
Our Computer Games Development Foundation Entry MComp is a stepping stone to a career working as part of a multi-skilled team to produce high quality, innovative and exciting products to tight deadlines.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Psychology and Computer Science located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page