Computer Games Development
Take your love of computer games to the next level with our BSc Computer Games Development course. You’ll benefit from being taught by enthusiastic and experienced lecturers. Many of them are still active and influential in the games industry.
Why study with us
- This course has accreditations leading to MBCS and CITP exemption from The British Computer Society (BCS), The Chartered Institute for IT. All graduates from this course are eligible to become Professional members (MBCS), with no further assessment.
- You’ll get the opportunity to undertake a one year placement in industry. Most placements are based in the UK, but some students have worked in Europe, Australia, Japan and the USA.
- Computer Games Development was ranked 1st in England with 100% of students satisfied with their course (National Student Survey 2020)
Discover our Computer Science courses
What you’ll do
- Throughout the course you’ll have opportunities to take part in national and international competitions and research projects.
- Start your course with our exciting ‘Computing Challenge’, where first year students work as teams to design and develop a new app and then use it in a competitive yet supportive environment.
- Learn about developing distributed software and software for mobile devices, widening the range of games you can develop.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
View our course facilities
Accreditations and Memberships
- The BCS are the professional body for computing and provide recognition for professionals in the IT industry. This course has accreditation leading to BCS Professional Member (MBCS), Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP) and partial CEng exemption from the BCS.
- We are an Educational Member of the British Computer Society providing benefits to our students such a free BCS membership for the duration of their Computer Science course. This help connections with the tech industry through BCS mentors, enables access to bespoke events with industry experts, as well as interactive career tools include CV writer, interview simulator, personal assessments and e-learning.
Computer games developers work as part of a multi-skilled team to produce high quality, innovative and exciting products to tight deadlines. You’ll graduate with the full set of skills you need to create a complex, interactive computer game.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Psychology and Computer Science located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page