Catherine teaches across a range of subjects within the School. She has worked for the university for over 20 years and has had an active role in course management, for a variety of courses in Business, Management, Leadership and HRM. Her interests have led to collaborations and publications within diverse areas of research; including information systems, decision modelling and Solution-focused Coaching. In recognition of contributions to teaching, Catherine is a National Teaching Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Catherine has a lead role in the Foundation courses in Business and Management.
- Programme Leader for the Foundation Business Entry programmes 2015- date
- Programme Leader for International Business, International Business and Management and International Business (top up): GDUFS students.
- 2014-2015 Organised a motivational coaching programme for International Business students 2014 Programme Leader for the Business Joint Honours degrees within LBS: 2008-2015
- Developed a Performance Management workshop for the Asian Business federation, based in Burnley (offered via the Innovation Voucher scheme) May 2011.
- Division representative on the faculty Student Experience Group, the Student Access Group, The International Committee and the Transition to HE group 2004-2016
- University review panel member for the School of Science and Technology: 2006- date
- Subject leader for Business Information Systems,
- Combined Honours degree Programme,
- September 2001- 2008 Supervision of students in postgraduate degree projects with external companies; work placements in business related courses; undergraduate and postgraduate dissertation projects.