Barrie teaches in the subject area of "Digital" looking at Business and the use of transformations and the use of digital literacies. Barrie has recently completed his MBA and has interests in Strategy, Leadership and Technology to help businesses gain an advantage on their competitors.
Barrie is currently working with the Apprentice programs and some undergraduate programmes. Barrie has a vast experience with the use of online technologies and has taught a number of years using Adobe Connect. Barrie is an experienced user of Microsoft 365 and the vast number of products available in the suite.
Barrie has spent several years at the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) and has held several roles in that period. Barrie has an extremely high knowledge of technologies used throughout the business and has the knowledge to be able to adapt to new developments when needed. Barrie has a background in Electrical and Electronic engineering with a degree in Web and Multimedia. He has spent the last 10 years working and developing his portfolio of academic teaching qualifications. For the last 2 years he has been studying an MBA and in July 2020 qualified with merit.
- HND Electronic & Electrical Engineering, Lancashire Polytechnic, 1987
- BSc Web & Multimedia, University of Central Lancashire, 2004
- Teaching Toolkit, University of Central Lancashire, 2011
- PGCert Teaching Certificate, University of Central Lancashire, 2014
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy, 2014
- MBA, University of Central Lancashire, 2020
- SimVenture Evolution
- Strategy & Leadership