Open the door to an exciting career with our foundation degree in Bioveterinary Sciences. Once complete you'll have the opportunity to progress on to our BSc programmes.
Why study with us
- This foundation bioveterinary degree offers a core science base. It's been specifically designed to give you the best chance of entry into veterinary-related courses.
- You’ll learn from an expert team of veterinary and animal science lecturers.
- Our curriculum is interactive and practical, focusing on developing your skills as well as your knowledge.
Bioveterinary Sciences Career Pathways
Bioveterinary Sciences gallery01 / 08
What you'll do
- You’ll study in our new veterinary school in the heart of Preston allowing you to integrate with a community of like-minded students.
- Gain experience with a broad range of animal species at our partner Myerscough College & University Centre.
- On our foundation bioveterinary sciences course, you'll have access to some fantastic facilities. And study using a variety of innovative technology to develop your knowledge and skills.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View our facilities
Meet the team
Next steps after your foundation bioveterinary sciences degree
This course will prepare you for further study in veterinary and life sciences at honours level. You could progress onto our BSc (Hons) Bioveterinary Sciences course and gain a full honours degree in just two years.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary
Frequently asked questions
Bioveterinary sciences are the biological and non-clinical veterinary sciences. Bioveterinary science includes the study of animal biology and physiology. It also looks at animal science and management, to provide a solid understanding of the practical and scientific considerations of managing animals under human care. This includes a range of scientific and technical skills.
If you successfully pass your foundation entry year, you will have the opportunity to progress onto our 2-year accelerated BSc (Hons) Bioveterinary Sciences course. This allows you to gain a full honours degree in just 2 years rather than the traditional 3 years.
A bioveterinary sciences degree will provide you with the skills and knowledge for an exciting career in a range of areas including animal science, research, the pharmaceutical industry, the NHS, government agencies, conservation, ecological or animal welfare organisations.
- University Centre Myerscough is a TEF Gold winning land-based, science, engineering and sports-specialist institution based near Preston in Lancashire.