Our Bioveterinary course is a great place for someone interested in an animal-based science career, but has yet to learn what that might be. It's a unique opportunity to gain an animal science-based degree enhanced with practical and research skills.
Why study with us
- A great place for someone who is interested in an animal-based science career, but doesn’t yet know what that might be.
- You’ll save money on course fees and living expenses with our accelerated 2-year course.
- We've partnered with Myerscough College & University Centre so you can blend theory with practical experience.
Study Bioveterinary Sciences
Gallery01 / 08
What you'll do
- You'll have access to specialised facilities such as bioveterinary anatomy resources.
- You'll be taught by skilled and experienced vets, animal scientists and researchers.
- Access to working farms, equine and exotic animal facilities will help you develop your knowledge and skills.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View our Vet course facilities
Meet the team
Iain is an innovative, enquiring veterinarian who combines 30 years’ clinical experience of all major species into a wider understanding of how ecology and ecosystem health affect animal and human epidemiology.
After completing her Postgraduate Certificate in Education, Gillian gathered over fifteen years' of experience in teaching a range of zoological and science subjects at both further and higher education colleges. Gillian has a Master's degree in Applied Animal Science and has con…
Hear from our students
The teachers we have are outstanding. Their own interests bring different outlooks on the veterinary world.
Future careers in Bioveterinary Sciences
With a bioveterinary sciences degree, you'll gain clinically-relevant skills and receive high-quality scientific training. Making you suitable for a variety of graduate employment opportunities or further academic study.
Frequently asked questions
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you are from a low income household our Financial Bursary may be able to help.Find out more about Financial Bursary
- This course is accredited by the Royal Society of Biology (RSB). The RSB is a single unified voice for biology: advising Government and influencing policy; advancing education and professional development; supporting our members, and engaging and encouraging public interest in the life sciences. Royal Society of Biology
- University Centre Myerscough is a TEF Gold winning land-based, science, engineering and sports-specialist institution based near Preston in Lancashire.