This course will be delivered from the L3Harris Airline Academy at Gatwick, flying from various L3Harris locations. Designed with the Aviation industry and our partner L3Harris Airline Academy, this course will enable you to become a professional pilot whilst also studying for a specialist Aviation degree.
Why study with us
- Delivered in partnership with leading industry flight training organisation L3Harris Airline Academy
- L3Harris Airline Academy have over 40 years heritage in pilot training, providing thousands of pilots to some of the world’s biggest airlines including British Airways, EasyJet, TAP Air Portugal and Air France
- Delivered by current industry trainers, instructors and aviation professionals. The L3Harris Airline Academy Theoretical Knowledge and Flight Instructors have thousands of hours combined industry experience and are passionate about sharing it with the next generation of aviators
Gallery01 / 07
What you'll do
- You'll be taught by current airline-standard instructors and trainers, supported by academic experts in Aviation and Aerospace
- You will learn your theoretical knowledge using the latest industry-standard platforms, be trained on modern training aircraft and utilise fully approved flight simulators and training aids
- Be supported to secure a role in the airline industry where you will complete the final year of your studies whilst gaining valuable flight experience
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities01 / 05
Our BSc (Hons) Aviation degree programme not only paves the way for a career in the Aviation industry, it will also give you an Air Transport Pilot Licence and the fundamental skills and competencies to kick start your career as a commercial pilot.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Contextualised Admissions Bursary
We recognise that the last two years have been very challenging for young people and learning has been impacted. To help support students eligible for a contextualised offer we are offering a bursary of £250 in their first year of study.Find out more about Contextualised Admissions Bursary
Other associated fees
This programme brings together professional pilot training with a degree programme. In addition to the degree fees, the pilot training costs are from £86,000 for the Integrated ATPL (Air Transport Pilot Licence).
This course is based in the School of Engineering and Computing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page