Fascinated by aircraft and spacecraft? On this Aerospace Engineering degree, you’ll apply everything you learn from our experts to the analysis and design of flying vehicles.
Why study with us
- Benefit from the latest high-quality equipment and facilities available in our new £35m Engineering Innovation Centre with access to flight simulators, an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) laboratory, and more.
- You’ll get the chance to go on a 48-week sandwich placement in industry between Year 2 and Year 3.
- During your studies you'll benefit from significant investment in the latest high quality facilities available, including state-of-the-art software tools, flight simulators, subsonic and supersonic wind tunnels and a UAV Lab.
Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering Careers Fair
Gallery01 / 08
What you’ll do
- Get involved with unmanned air vehicles (UAVs) for civil applications and learn the principles of flight testing.
- Our Engineering Innovation Centre enables you to work on real-world projects with commercial partners in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Work with a range of vehicles and use different types for design, analysis, simulation and testing.
Hear from our students
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Find out more
View the course facilities
During your studies you'll benefit from significant investment in the latest high quality facilities available, including state-of-the-art software tools, flight simulators and a UAV Lab.
You’ll take to the skies in our immersive flight simulators, including the Redbird FMX, helping reinforce your understanding of flight dynamics.
- This MEng course is professionally accredited by the IMechE (which represents mechanical engineers and the engineering profession) as fulfilment of the educational requirements to become a Chartered Engineer.
- This MEng course is accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers as meeting the academic requirement for membership and registration for Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council.
Aerospace Engineering could lead to a career in many sectors including aerospace, space, defence, automotive, biotechnology, computing, electronics, energy and manufacturing.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Engineering located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page