Are you ready to make a significant contribution to the dynamic global sports industry? Our Sports Business Management course has enabled graduates to step into work for a wide range of UK and international sports organisations.
Why study with us
- Sport is a multi-billion-dollar industry and the content of our course is reflective of the global context in which sports organisations operate.
- Learn about life in the sports industry through guest lectures. The Premier League and professional rugby clubs are just some of our speakers.
- Our course team have a wealth of experience both within academia and in the sports industry. You’ll be taught by academics who are actively researching and publishing.
What you'll do
- An integral part of this course is relating theory to practice and we’re flexible, as this can be undertaken in new sports industry settings or in your current workplace.
- You’ll work with a range of external sporting agencies and this networking opportunity is invaluable for your future.
- You’ll have the opportunity to complete a final dissertation, or opt to write a journal article, with a view to it being published in a relevant academic or trade publication.
- TL4024: Principles and Practice of Sports Marketing
- TL4039: Sport Business and Strategic Thinking
- TL4041: Sport Operations and Legal Aspects of Sport Business
- TL4042: Sport Economics and Finance
- TL4054: Professional Development for Sport
- TL4187: Research Methods for Sport
- TL4060: Independent Study Project for Sport
- TL4186: Dissertation for Sport
TL4024: Principles and Practice of Sports Marketing
This module introduces you to a range of sports-specific marketing theories, applied in a number of sports and recreation contexts. It focuses on the application of academic theory and research to the world of contemporary sports marketing, giving you the opportunity to pursue your areas of interest and display both academic and practical marketing knowledge.
This is a distance learning course which is taught entirely online with no face-to-face teaching.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Helen teaches across subjects in the School of Health, Social Work and Sport. She has worked at the University of Central Lancashire for several years before joining full-time in 2017. As well as teaching at other Higher Education Institutions, Helen has consulted and taught in ...
Denis teaches across the BSc Sport Business Management undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, with a focus on finance and service operations. He also developed the BSc Football Studies programme and helped foster the partnership with the Macclesfield Football club.
Our School has strong links with a large number of sports organisations, including professional sports teams and public and private sector sports providers.
We regularly invite guest speakers from industry to speak on this course. This is a valuable opportunity for you to meet potential employers and learn about life in the sports industry.
Guest lectures have been given by representatives of The Premier League, The Football League, Wigan Warriors Rugby League Club, Bolton Wanderers Football Club, St Helens Rugby League Club, David Lloyd Leisure and Preston City Council.
The course team are currently working with the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity as part of their consultation on accreditation of HE courses.
Our Sports Business Management programme will prepare you for a career in the industry within a private, commercial, public or voluntary sector in a range of management and academic roles.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Health, Social Work and Sport
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page