The MA Photography programme offers an in-depth, creative and socially engaged postgraduate level education in the practices of contemporary photography. From darkroom practice and professional development through to a final degree show, we will nurture your visual development and critical thinking.
Why study with us
- Outstanding facilities and staff within our purpose-built Media Factory building, a hub for the creative industries.
- You’ll get to use industry-standard digital cameras and a digital photography IT suite with large format scanners, exhibition-quality digital printing facilities, and computing suites equipped with the latest software packages.
- We have three photography studios equipped to a standard that makes them comparable with any modern professional studio. We also have excellent darkroom facilities and our own photography base-room.
Gallery01 / 05
What you'll do
- There will be opportunities to attend guest lecturers by leading practitioners, editors and curators, helping you to build links with industry professionals.
- Opportunities to work on live briefs for real clients, enabling you to gain relevant professional skills and experience.
- Our intensive workshop sessions will enable to you attain the relevant skills and undertake visual problem-solving while developing your understanding of industry expectations, skill levels and how to further your career.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View our course facilities
The MA in Photography will help you prepare for a professional or academic career in photography and related visual fields.
Our graduates have gone on to work as freelance fashion photographers, sports photographers and in digital editing and filmmaking amongst many other successful and varied careers.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
We offer student athletes support and opportunities for their playing careers whilst they study a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount