The MRes in Management is a flexible programme allowing you to focus on business and management research. This course provides an opportunity for you to understand the research process within your chosen subject area, providing a pathway to gaining a postgraduate degree that develops essential, critical and analytical skills for workplace, or doctoral studies.
Why study with us
- The course has a flexible and independent approach to PG study. Offering a both full-time and part-time routes, alongside block teaching and an independent projects.
- You'll be able to determine the focus of their research project to explore areas of individual interest.
- The course has been designed to fit around busy lives and personal interests.
What you'll do
- You'll have the opportunity to work with experts and engage with the wider business community. Alongside the benefits of a taught programme with the flexibility of choosing a research project directly related to your interests.
- The course provides a strong basis for you to progress within your chosen career where you can put your research skills to the test.
- The course will also be beneficial if you wish to pursue further academic research in the future.
Critical issues in Business and Management Research- This module introduces you to the fundamentals of Business and Management research. You'll explore ways in which critical research can help us understand, interpret and analyse the discipline. It also considers how Business and Management Research impacts of organisational policy, practice and its wider impact on society.
Research Methods - This module prepares you to undertake research in business and management by providing the knowledge and understanding to undertake critical research. It develops core research skills relevant for various settings and contexts. After this module you'll be prepared to undertake your own research project in Business and Management.
Research project - This module enables you to apply the learning from the previous modules to undertake an independent research project. Supported by a designated supervisor, you'll to undertake a substantial written project investigating a complex business and management topic relevant to your own interest.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
The MRes will provide learners with the skills to undertake further management and business skills.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page