Forensic Science & Crime Scene Investigation
Delve into Forensic Science and Crime Scene Investigation in our state-of-the-art facilities. Learn the fundamentals of forensic biology and chemistry and step inside new laboratories and crime scene houses.
Why study with us
- Access extensive modern facilities including crime scene houses, forensic, chemistry and biology laboratories.
- Our course is taught by internationally-acclaimed academics and former senior practitioners.
- Join a ground-breaking partnership with the University and Lancashire Constabulary – the Lancashire Forensic Science Academy, believed to be the first of its kind in the UK.
What you'll do
- Placements are possible with forensic providers, both in the UK and overseas, as well as specialist placement opportunities through our pioneering Lancashire Forensic Science Academy (LFSA).
- Just some of our topics include: Forensic Science, Criminal Investigation, Forensic DNA Profiling, Fire Investigation, Forensic Anthropology, Forensic and Conservation Genetics and Forensic Toxicology.
- By the time you graduate from our Forensic Science and Criminal Investigation programme, you will be well placed to start an exciting career in areas of forensic science, biological sciences or chemical analysis.
The Hydra Minerva Suite at the University of Central Lancashire
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Lancashire Forensic Science Academy
This ground-breaking partnership gives you the opportunity to shadow real CSI's and gain industry placement experience.Find out more
View the course facilities
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
- This course is accredited by the Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences, demonstrating that it provides a solid, widely respected route into the highly competitive field of forensic and criminal investigation.
Lancashire Constabulary and the University’s School of Forensic and Applied Sciences have joined forces to create the Lancashire Forensic Science Academy. CSIs, forensic science experts, academics and students work alongside each other in purpose-built facilities to research, investigate and deliver forensic science services in Lancashire.
This ground-breaking partnership gives you access to an operational environment.
By the time you graduate from our Forensic Science and Criminal Investigation programme, you will be well placed to start an exciting career in areas of forensic science, criminal investigation, biological sciences or chemical analysis.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Natural Sciences located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page