Jun 7 - 1 min read
I have been in Preston for about five years now, it a city that has had some major changes since I started here in 2013, however these are some of my favourite places to go in Preston:
- Avenham and Miller Park – If you need to get away from revision or work and fancy a walk, run or just a chill with friends in the (occasionally) sunny park. The park is beautiful, with multiple different pathways, leading on to Preston Docks and the Guild Wheel, which are great for walks or skating on.
- Level - As featured in the “Together” UCLan advert, Level is a great place to bond with friends, flatmates, and determine who is the best at crazy golf, bowling or attempt an assault course.
- Townhouse – Perfect coffee, beautiful eggs benedict and friendly staff. I do not think I need to say anything more – it is my favourite place to have brunch, or get some work done with a delicious healthy lunch.
- Coco’s –Amazing food, with friendly staff and a great vibe about the place. Recommend the Jerk Chicken Wrap and special sauce on their delicious chips.
- If you like cocktails, some of my favourite place to drink in Preston are Turtle Bay, Baker St, Wings and Beer or Hartley’s Wine Bar. Cute places, with some cool interiors and a great selection of cocktails.
- Source Bar – whether it is Karaoke on Tuesdays or Source Quiz on Sundays, Source is a great on campus place to grab food, drinks and meet with friends in between lectures and plenty to do in the evenings.
- Warehouse - My favourite club in Preston. Three floors of amazing music, from cheesy pop to every song your emo phase desired. It is a great place to go! It’s also the only place I know that serves Vodka Vimto that I recommend everyone trying!
These are my favourite places in Preston, and there is so much more to discover when you are here!