Sports Coaching & Development (Foundation Entry)
During your Sports Coaching & Development Foundation Entry Year you’ll study alongside peers from related courses, whilst gaining a broad introduction to sports leadership.
Why study with us
- Examine sports from socio-cultural and historical perspectives, along with the study of physical education, health and fitness.
- You’ll also have the chance to study optional modules in sports management, coaching and development, and will learn about major sporting issues and physical education in the UK and beyond.
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Sports Coaching and Development (Foundation Entry) is ranked 1st in the North West (Guardian University Guide 2021)
What you'll do
- You’ll be taught by staff with extensive experience – including former teachers and personal trainers, as well as traditional academics.
- Most lecturers are active researchers, so you’ll benefit from their passion and cutting-edge expertise.
- You’ll be supported to become a valued and employable graduate with a promising future and a suite of transferable workplace skills.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course is endorsed by leading professional body UK Coaching, who aim to make lasting improvements to coaching in the UK - from grass-roots through to elite performance levels.
Your Sports Coaching and Development Foundation Entry Degree can lead to careers in sports coaching and development, teaching and lecturing.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Sport and Health Sciences located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page