Why study with us
- This course has accreditations leading to MBCS and CITP exemption from The British Computer Society (BCS), The Chartered Institute for IT. All graduates from this course are eligible to become Professional members (MBCS), with no further assessment.
- Our Software Engineering course is ranked 3rd in the UK and 1st in the North West for overall student satisfaction – National Student Survey (NSS) 2019.
- We’re also ranked 1st in the North West for assessment and feedback, teaching and academic support – National Student Survey (NSS) 2019.
Discover our Computer Science courses
What you'll do
- You’ll develop software development skills, combined with modelling, problem-solving and professional skills.
- Apply your software development skills to the challenge of developing interactive games using 3D graphics.
- Learn to programme effectively in Java, C++, and C#, use leading database management systems, study communications and networks, and apply Agile project management skills.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Visit the course facilities
Accreditations and Memberships
- The BCS are the professional body for computing and provide recognition for professionals in the IT industry. This course has accreditation leading to BCS Professional Member (MBCS), Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP) and partial CEng exemption from the BCS.
- We are an Educational Member of the British Computer Society providing benefits to our students such a free BCS membership for the duration of their Computer Science course. This help connections with the tech industry through BCS mentors, enables access to bespoke events with industry experts, as well as interactive career tools include CV writer, interview simulator, personal assessments and e-learning.
Graduates of this course have gone on to work for some of the world’s biggest companies in the digital sector, including EA Games, GCHQ, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Intel and Nokia.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Psychology and Computer Science located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page