Our Foundation Entry programme balances the many areas of renewable and sustainable Energy engineering. It will enable you to develop essential skills for this exciting fast-paced industry.
Why study with us
- Become an innovator at the forefront of the green energy revolution. Our industry-led course will give you the skills to thrive in this rapidly advancing sector.
- You’ll learn from the experts - we regularly host industry partners for guest lectures and research projects. Previous events have featured BRE Group, Carbon Trust, Energy Institute, Fire and Rescue Services, Shell, GexCon, Tyco and many others.
- Outside the classroom you can join our Sustainable Engineering programmes. These include the Eco–Car Challenge and our new Wind project. Here you'll work with a diverse group of students and staff on projects using complex systems.
What you'll do
- Study renewable energy technologies and innovative approaches to meet the challenges of climate change, such as novel carbon capture and hydrogen use.
- Engage in live projects with industry partners in our Engineering Innovation Centre. Here you'll be able to put your knowledge of technical design, power generation and project management to the test.
- Further advance your career prospects through an optional 48-week industry placement between Year 2 and Year 3.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Hear from our students
The support I received from my tutors was amazing and I felt like they went the extra mile for me. The skills I learnt at UCLan have been invaluable to me in my professional roles and generally in my daily life.
State-of-the-art engineering facilities
You’ll have access to world-class resources. These resources include modern computer facilities and specialist laboratories. Our Engineering Innovation Centre provides you with state-of-the-art production, design and research facilities. Giving you the tools and skills you need to pursue an engineering career in the 21st century.
Our academic team have extensive experience and knowledge in the energy sector. This knowledge extends across the various fields of renewable and nuclear energy, carbon capture & storage, carbon assessment and energy management. You'll be taught by a dedicated academic team with up-to-date engineering and industry knowledge.
Dr Matt Stables is a lecturer and Course Leader for BEng/MEng / MSc Energy Engineering. Having had extensive research experience in science and engineering, Matt’s research interests lie in the fields of Renewable Energy and Low Carbon Technology and Sustainability. Interest from…
Dr Nasriani teaches across a range of subjects for our engineering school. He is a senior lecturer and course leader for the BEng/MEng and MSC Oil & Gas Engineering programmes at the University of Central Lancashire. Reza is also actively involved in a wide array of research rela…
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary
Future careers in Renewable and Sustainable Energy Engineering
Renewable and Sustainable Energy is a vital component to tackling climate change. Graduates are in greater demand than ever - your career options within this sector can be varied and will involve many exciting roles.
This course is based in the School of Engineering and Computing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page