Dr Hamid Reza Nasriani
School of Engineering
Dr Nasriani teaches across a range of subjects for our engineering school. He is a senior lecturer and course leader for the BEng/MEng and MSC Oil & Gas Engineering programmes at the University of Central Lancashire. Reza is also actively involved in a wide array of research relating to Energy, Unconventional Energy Sources and Hydraulic Fracturing. He also supervises PhD projects on Energy subjects.
Dr Nasriani has published widely over 43 high-quality peer-reviewed journal and conference papers in Energy, Unconventional Energy Sources and Hydraulic Fracturing. He is working on unconventional reservoirs and hydraulic fracturing efficiency. In addition to his academic roles, he is an engineering consultant with recognised international experience and expertise in petroleum engineering as follows: reservoir engineering, production engineering, reservoir rock and fluid properties and well-testing analysis.
Reza graduated as a chemical engineer in 2000 with a first degree honours. To secure a position for his MSc. program, he took part in the 2000 national postgraduate entrance exam. his nationwide rank in Iran was 8th among all universities’ participants. Ten applicants were shortlisted for NIOC scholarship with four (including him) selected to take part in the MSc program at the University of Calgary. During his MSc studies, He has extensively worked on Reservoir Simulation of phase and flow behaviours of gas condensate reservoirs including the effect of condensate Bank, coupling and inertia and proposed remedial actions to improve well productivity.
Dr Nasriani joined one of the leading oil and gas companies in the Middle East in 2003. He spent more than nine years as a project lead engineer and senior reservoir engineer working on various petroleum engineering activities. Reza is now acting as a petroleum engineering consultant with recognised international experience and expertise in petroleum engineering as follows: reservoir modelling and reservoir operation, reservoir engineering, production engineering, reservoir rock and fluid properties and well-testing analysis.
Since he had a great passion for scientific research, he joined Heriot-Watt University to pursue his study towards a PhD degree where he was awarded a fully-funded PhD scholarship.
Dr Nasriani Joined University of Central Lancashire in 2015 as a Senior lecturer. he is currently a senior lecturer in oil & gas engineering in the school of engineering. he teaches on a range of oil & gas modules within the oil & gas degree programmes and contributes to other modules teaching within the school of engineering and school of management. As a course leader, he leads the team in defining the philosophy, rationale and objectives of the course; monitoring the content, structure, and the teaching, learning and assessment strategies. he also ensures that the course provides a coherent professional, academic and intellectual experience to the students and the continuous development of the course is in accordance with sectoral best practice, market forces and employer demand.
- PhD Petroleum Engineering, Heriot-Watt University, 2017
- MSc Petroleum Engineering, University of Calgary, 2003
- BSc (Hons) Chemical Engineering, Persian Gulf University, 2000
- Awarded SPE Aberdeen Section 2013–2014 Academic Year Student Bursary, 2014
- Awarded Ali Danesh scholarship at Heriot-Watt University which covered PhD tuition fees and stipend, 2012
- The researcher of the year award in Petroleum Industries in Fars Province, 2011
- Nominated for the researcher of the year award in NIOC, 2011
- Declared exceptional talent by Iranian ministry of petroleum. 2003
- Awarded NIOC Outstanding Graduated Student Honour, 2003
- Awarded NIOC Scholarship for Master Degree, 2001
- Ranked 8th in nationwide MSc entrance examination in Iran, 2000
- Second rank BSc (Hons) graduate from Persian Gulf University, 2000
- Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Unconventional Energy Sources
- Hydraulic Fracturing
- Chemical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Numerical simulation
- EOR & EGR
- conventional and unconventional oil & gas fields
- Member of Society of Petroleum Engineers, SPE
- Member of European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers (EAGE)
- Reviewer of several high-impact journals
- External / Internal examiner for PhD research degrees at different universities
Use the links below to view their profiles:
- View their unique and persistent identifier on the ORCiD registry
- Full list of publications and articles on CLoK
- Google Scholar
- UCLan Centre for Engineering Research
- Research Centre for Sustainable Transitions, The University of Central Lancashire
- Unconventional Recovery Studies Gas condensate recovery research project
Telephone:+44 (0)1772 893559
Email: Email:Dr Hamid Reza Nasriani
Use the links below to view their profiles: