Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners
Are you passionate about helping people? This course will give you get the unique skills and experience to channel that vocation. This will put you on the path to working in the field of mental health as an accredited Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner (PWP).
Why study with us
- You’ll be able to qualify on a BPS accredited course.
- Develop the skills and knowledge you need to work with people who are experiencing common mental health problems. You’ll get to apply this knowledge during a clinical placement in your final year.
- This is the only Undergraduate Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner training course in the UK.
What you'll do
- Develop an in-depth understanding of contemporary issues in psychological wellbeing.
- You’ll gain a qualification which is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS). This means it follows their Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- We’ll encourage you to engage in lifelong learning and develop your understanding of the value of research in education.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
View Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners facilities
- This course is accredited by the BPS, the learned and professional body, incorporated by the Royal Charter, for Psychology in the UK. We will provide you with the breadth and depth of knowledge that allows you to graduate with Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) provided you achieve at least a lower second class honours degree.
Future Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner careers
This course will prepare you to become a professional practitioner in the field of Mental Health and Psychological Wellbeing.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Community Health and Midwifery located in the Faculty of Health and Care
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page