Art & Design (Foundation Entry)
If you want to take a degree in Art and Design but aren’t sure which route to follow. This Foundation Entry programme is a pathway to many specialist courses.
Why study with us
- Art and Design courses at the University of Central Lancashire rank top 10 in the UK and 1st in the North West for student satisfaction (Complete University Guide, 2023)
- Guaranteed progression means that there is no need for further applications or interviews.
- Art at the University of Central Lancashire ranks 2nd in the UK for overall student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2021)
Degree Show 2022
Discover the award-winning creative work produced by our Art & Design students. The degree show features work in a range of mediums by students from the School of Arts & Media.
A day in the life of an Art & Design student
Art Degree Show gallery01 / 07
What you’ll do
- You’ll have a base studio with facilities such as wood, metal and plaster workshops. As well as professional garment manufacturing and digital design equipment.
- You’ll have access to our gallery space in the Hanover Building with a programme of contemporary art shows. With dedicated teaching staff and technicians for those studying on Foundation Entry courses.
- You'll have opportunities to study abroad and gain places on sponsored international trips.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Have an offer to study this September?
Received an offer to study a course at UCLan? Book your offer holder day for the opportunity to explore life here and chat to our current students.Book your offer holder day
Art and design facilities
Future careers in art and design
Our Art and Design Foundation Entry could lead to an exciting career in this creative industry. When you’ve decided which course to progress onto. You could be on your way to becoming a professional photographer, illustrator or graphic designer.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Arts and Media located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page