Want to design the games you play? Develop games and learn design, animation and digital modelling from industry professionals on our Games Design Foundation Entry Degree.
Why study with us
- 3rdin the UK for career prospectsGuardian University Guide (Animation and Games Design)
- Work on live projects from the games industry, working to real deadlines, getting the chance to express your own creative ideas and skills through your project work.
- Take part in the University’s annual Games Design and Animation Virtual Degree Show. It showcases the talents of final year students through Degree Show projects.
- Grab the opportunity for structured work experience, which may include a work placement, an internship, a live business project and more.
A day in the life of a Games Design student
Discover cJAM Media, our networking event for students
Gallery01 / 02
What you’ll do
- Develop your visualisation and digital modelling skills along with a solid foundation in game design and documentation. These are key talents for modern Games Designers.
- Showcase your ideas, enthusiasm, skills and talent at our cJAM careers event with industry professionals. The event closes with placements awarded to successful students.
- Our Industry Speaker programme includes Lead Designers, 3D Artists, QA, Production and Technical Artists from AAA and independent game development studios throughout the UK.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
There are many opportunities for Games Design graduates who work hard to create a strong portfolio, including in games design, concept art, environment art and technical processes.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
Foundation Year Bursary
Our Foundation Year Bursary Scheme is for students starting a 4 or 5 year Undergraduate Degree programme.Find out more about Foundation Year Bursary