Games Design (Foundation Entry)
Want to design the games you play? Develop games and learn design, animation and digital modelling from industry professionals on our Games Design Foundation Entry Degree.
Why study with us
- Work on live projects from the games industry, working to real deadlines, getting the chance to express your own creative ideas and skills through your project work.
- Take part in the University’s annual Games Design and Animation Virtual Degree Show. It showcases the talents of final year students through Degree Show projects.
- Grab the opportunity for structured work experience, which may include a work placement, an internship, a live business project and more.
Degree Show 2022
Discover the award-winning creative work produced by our undergraduate Games Design students. The degree show features work in a range of mediums by students from the School of Arts & Media.
A day in the life of a Games Design student
Discover cJAM Media, our networking event for students
Gallery01 / 02
What you’ll do
- Develop your visualisation and digital modelling skills along with a solid foundation in game design and documentation. These are key talents for modern Games Designers.
- Showcase your ideas, enthusiasm, skills and talent at our cJAM careers event with industry professionals. The event closes with placements awarded to successful students.
- Our Industry Speaker programme includes Lead Designers, 3D Artists, QA, Production and Technical Artists from AAA and independent game development studios throughout the UK.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Join us on campus
Book a place at our Undergraduate Open Day on Saturday 17 June. Here you'll be able to explore our campus and facilities, meet academic staff and chat to students.Book your place
View the course facilities
There are many opportunities for Games Design graduates who work hard to create a strong portfolio, including in games design, concept art, environment art and technical processes.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Arts and Media located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page