Our Fine Art course offers a broad range of experience in contemporary art practice. So you can explore your ideas through studio work in your own workspace.
Why study with us
- Fine Art, BA (Hons) is ranked 9th in England with 87% of students satisfied with the teaching quality (Times Good University Guide 2021)
- Experience a broad-based fine art degree which covers many disciplines. Including sculpture; painting, time-based media, book production and printmaking. Students are able to cover as many or as few disciplines as they wish.
- Our Fine Art studios are spacious and well equipped, you’ll be given your own studio from the beginning of the course.
Degree Show 2022
Discover the award-winning creative work produced by our undergraduate Fine Art students. The degree show features work in a range of mediums by students from the School of Arts & Media.
Our staff and students tell you about the Fine Art course
Fine Art gallery01 / 10
What you’ll do
- All the basic materials you need are free (paper, canvas, wood, metal, clay, plaster and mod rock). You’ll receive a budget each year to spend on materials.
- The quality of workshops and the technical assistance you’ll receive is outstanding.
- All students in Fine Art have the opportunity to develop projects in our onsite contemporary art gallery Hanover Project. As well to travel on research visits to Berlin, London and Singapore.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Join us on campus
Book a place at our Undergraduate Open Day on Saturday 17 June. Here you'll be able to explore our campus and facilities, meet academic staff & chat to students.Book your place
Fine Art course facilities
Future careers in Fine Art
This course will train you to work as a creative practitioner. Our graduates pursue careers as artists in the UK and abroad.
These include arts residencies, community arts, animation, graphic design, museums and galleries. As well as web design, arts education, photography, professional arts organisations, theatre set design, illustration, curatorship, film post-production and prop making.
Other graduates move into the worlds of TV and radio, journalism, publishing and other creative fields.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Arts and Media located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page