English Language & Literature
On our English Language and Literature course you’ll explore and analyse a range of texts and literary techniques – from classics of English Literature to popular media such as films and adverts.
Why study with us
- English courses at the University of Central Lancashire are ranked top 20 in the UK and 2nd in the North West for overall student satisfaction (CUG, 2022).
- Literature in English and English Language at the University of Central Lancashire are ranked in the top 10 in the UK for overall student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2021)
- English Language courses at the University of Central Lancashire are ranked 3rd in the UK for organisation and management with 90% agreeing (NSS, 2022).
Expand Your World at the University of Central Lancashire
What you'll do
- We offer field trips to museums, archives and theatres – from the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford-upon-Avon to Wordsworth’s Dove Cottage in the Lake District.
- You can tailor your study programme to suit your own interests and career aspirations through a variety of optional modules.
- This is the ideal course if you’re interested in teaching English at secondary school level, where it’s vital that you can demonstrate your knowledge of both language and literature.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Graduates from our English Language and Literature course have gone on to enjoy a wide variety of successful careers in law, teaching, journalism, publishing, arts administration, theatre, advertising, manufacturing and finance.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Humanities, Language & Global Studies located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page