Are you a dental professional working in the NHS, a higher education institution (HEI) or the private sector? Are you looking to develop as a dental educator and support the development of your team? Our innovative learn-as-you-work MSc in Dental Education is fully online, enabling you to learn in a flexible way and manage how you study.
Why study with us
- The course content is delivered through the Microsoft Teams platform, giving you a fully interactive and immersive online experience. You’ll be required to work independently, supported by peers and staff on structured tasks and related assignments.
- There are no exams on this course. Instead, you will be asked to submit coursework in the form of assignments, presentations and professional dialogue. The online format allows for easy communication with your tutors and other students and you’ll be supported from start to finish.
- As you progress you’ll develop critical knowledge and an understanding of the theory, practice, context and associated research applied to dental education. Later in the course you’ll undertake an independent research study on the management of dental education based on your own personal and professional interests.
What you'll do
- You’ll have multiple opportunities to learn about best practices from educational professionals who are experts in their fields.
- You will have the benefit of close support and supervision at all stages of the course.
- You will be part of a community of practice, sharing ideas and engaging in online discussion groups.
The Dental Education, MSc course is delivered over 3 years.
- In Year 1 you'll be introduced to the core educational principles and strategies in practice. Studying two modules; Facilitating Learning in Healthcare Practice and Mentoring in Dental Practice.
- Year 2 of the programme adds depth and practice experience through applying a range of educational theories and assessment strategies. You'll cover the following three modules; Teaching Methods and Approaches, Assessment in Dental Education and Appraising the Educational Literature
- In Year 3 you'll complete a Research project module.
This is a distance learning course which is taught entirely online with no face-to-face teaching.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
View the course facilities
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Dentistry located in the Faculty of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page