Community Leadership (Top Up)
Are you a community activist with a Foundation Degree or other Level 5 qualification? Convert it to a BA (Hons) Community Leadership degree, hosted at our Burnley Campus, in just one year.
Why study with us
- All students have the opportunity to take part in a Global Community Exchange or the peer leadership development programme, Global Youth Solutions. We have working partnerships with community groups in Oman, Pakistan, Greece and Morocco.
- Take advantage of excellent opportunities for international, national and local networking, which will enhance your employment prospects.
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Community Leadership (Top Up) is ranked 10th in England for student satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2021)
What you'll do
- The course is grounded in the educational philosophy of Paulo Freire, and uses action reflection praxis as a basis for learning.
- Access extra-curricular Freire-based learning opportunities and activities, including online training programmes, via the on-campus Freire Institute.
- You’ll undertake structured work experience through volunteering or community action. You will also be eligible for awards from the ILM as part of your programme.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- The Institute is at the leading edge of management thinking and are a globally recognised professional membership body for leaders and managers. Their research into new ideas, techniques and methods ensures that ILM courses are constantly improving, helping to develop students' leadership and management skills.
Our graduates have entered careers in community development, public services management, education, youth work, politics, and social enterprise. Other graduates have also progressed to postgraduate study.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Social Work, Care and Community located in the Faculty of Allied Health and Wellbeing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page