Learn about key global challenges faced by social and community professionals today on our MA in International Social Work and Community Development.
Why study with us
- Explore the interconnectedness of global and local issues. You'll bring together global perspectives and community practice.
- Undertake a placement in a social welfare or community practice setting, where you can study an area of practice that interests you.
- You will be able to plan and organise a piece of social research on a topic that is meaningful and important to you.
What you'll do
- You'll get taught through a combination of lecture, seminar and workshop settings. You'll also have a practice placement to enhance your knowledge and skills.
- You will be encouraged to develop a range of critical and analytical skills. This will help enhance your personal and professional development.
- You'll undertake a diverse range of activities for assessment. This will include a dedicated community research project on a topic that you'll select and shape.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Our MA in International Social Work and Community Development is aimed at those who wish to pursue professional careers, whether in the UK or internationally.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Health, Social Work and Sport
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page