Our Civil Engineering course is founded on strong industry links in a region that boasts a wide range of cutting-edge engineering and technology.
As a civil engineer you’ll become a part of a dynamic, fast-growing industry with the potential to develop your career across the globe.
This course will equip you with the principles and concepts of engineering, underpinned by a sound knowledge and understanding of scientific principles. Benefit from the latest high-quality equipment and facilities available in our new £35 million Engineering Innovation Centre.
You’ll be taught by research-informed teaching staff working at the top of their profession and benefit from state-of-the-art laboratories and digital teaching facilities within the University’s Engineering Innovation Centre.
This course offers an optional 48-week sandwich placement in industry for full-time students between Year 2 and Year 3.
Why study with us
- Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Civil Engineering was ranked 5th in the UK for student satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2021)
- Work in the broad area of civil engineering or specialise either as a structural engineer, environmental engineer or geotechnical engineer.
- Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Civil Engineering is ranked 1st in the North West with 89% of students satisfied with their course (Guardian University Guide 2021)
What you'll do
- Step out on regular field trips to see best practice projects and get hands-on experience of live projects.
- The Engineering Innovation Centre enables you to work on real-world projects with commercial partners in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Take the opportunity to become a research intern, working with the University’s research staff during your summer vacation.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Find out more
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course has been accredited by the CIOB, the globally recognised professional body for construction and leadership. Accreditation can lead to high level career opportunities in large organisations and private practice.
- This course is accredited by the JBM. They work alongside universities and industry to ensure that formal educational programmes and workplace programmes are in place to develop professional engineers who will contribute to sustainable, economic growth and ethical standards worldwide.
- We are an academic partner with the Chartered Association of Building Engineers. CABE brings members together to share knowledge, raise standards and develop professionals. By improving collaboration across disciplines, members are able to raise competency throughout the industry.
Successful graduates will be valued by society as the new digital pioneers of civil engineering, using modern methods of solving societal problems.
This course brings alternative routes to employment in a range of engineering disciplines - either the broad area of civil engineering or specialist disciplines such as a structural engineer, transportation engineer, environmental engineer, or engineering hydrologist.
As well as the option to further your specialisation via a postgraduate course, you can also diversify into the academic world of research and development within universities or for dedicated established research organisations within the built environment.
Visit us on a university Open Day
Come and discover why our campus is the perfect place for you. You can ask current students about their experiences and immerse yourself in campus and accommodation tours.Register for an Open Day
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Engineering located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page