Our Civil Engineering course is founded on strong industry links in a region that boasts a wide range of cutting-edge engineering and technology.
Why study with us
- Our courses are supported by an Industry Advisory Committee with representatives from regional SME, as well as national and international companies. This ensures courses remain relevant to industry requirements; they are also very keen to meet students on project presentation days.
- Work in the broad area of civil engineering or specialise either as a structural engineer, environmental engineer or geotechnical engineer.
- Work on live projects with our industry partners and advance your project management skills. This will be a huge asset as you progress into more senior roles during your career.
What you'll do
- Step out on regular field trips to see best practice projects and get hands-on experience of live projects.
- The Engineering Innovation Centre enables you to work on real-world projects with commercial partners in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Take the opportunity to become a research intern, working with the University’s research staff during your summer vacation.
Hear from our students
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Explore the EIC
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course has been accredited by the CIOB, the globally recognised professional body for construction and leadership. Accreditation can lead to high level career opportunities in large organisations and private practice.
- This course is accredited by the JBM. They work alongside universities and industry to ensure that formal educational programmes and workplace programmes are in place to develop professional engineers who will contribute to sustainable, economic growth and ethical standards worldwide.
Successful graduates will be valued by society as the new digital pioneers of civil engineering, using modern methods of solving societal problems.
Join us on campus
Book a place at our Undergraduate Open Day on Saturday 17 June. Here you'll be able to explore our campus and facilities, meet academic staff and chat to students.Book your place
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Engineering located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page