Civil Engineering (Foundation Entry)
Our Civil Engineering course is founded on strong industry links in a region that boasts a wide range of cutting-edge engineering and technology.
Why study with us
- This course offers an optional 48-week sandwich placement in industry for full-time students between Year 2 and Year 3.
- Civil Engineering (Foundation Entry) was ranked 5th in the UK for student satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2021)
- Work on live projects with our industry partners and advance your project management skills. This will be a huge asset as you progress into more senior roles during your career.
What you'll do
- Step out on regular field trips to see best practice projects and get hands-on experience of live projects.
- The Engineering Innovation Centre enables you to work on real-world projects with commercial partners in state-of-the-art facilities.
- You'll benefit from speakers from the Institution of Civil Engineering and related institutions - and from workshops delivered by regional and national contributors.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Find out more
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course has been accredited by the CIOB, the globally recognised professional body for construction and leadership. Accreditation can lead to high level career opportunities in large organisations and private practice.
- This course is accredited by the JBM. They work alongside universities and industry to ensure that formal educational programmes and workplace programmes are in place to develop professional engineers who will contribute to sustainable, economic growth and ethical standards worldwide.
As a civil engineer you’ll become a part of a dynamic, fast-growing industry with the potential to develop your career across the globe.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Engineering located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page