Alison runs the civil engineering courses and acts as Athena Swan Champion for the School.
Alison has taught within the environmental management, nuclear and civil engineering courses here at UCLan.
Alison is currently an Athena Swan Champion and leads on the Women's Engineering and Scientific Network within the School.
Alison is a practising engineering geologist who has worked in ground investigation and contaminated land management (including remediation) for both chemical and radiological contamination.
- BSc (Joint Honours) Physical Geology and Geomorphology, University of Liverpool, 1990
- Contaminated Land Management
- Field-based education
- Widening gender-based participation and success within Engineering
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- External Examiner for Civil & Construction Engineering at the University of West of Scotland 2023-2027