This unique actor training programme taught by industry professionals provides you with the skills and knowledge to work as an actor on screen stage and in digital media.
Why study with us
- 2ndin the North West for overall scoreGuardian University Guide (Drama and Dance)
- 3rdin the North West for NSS teachingGuardian University Guide (Drama and Dance)
- 3rdin the North West for teaching qualityTimes Good University Guide (Drama, Dance and Cinematics)
- 6thin the UK for overall positivityNational Student Survey (Drama) (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide)
- This is production-based course, with the majority of your work directed towards performance, including to the public.
- Research informed teaching including Meyerhold’s Biomechanics.
- Our graduates include Mandip Gill (Yasmin in Doctor Who), Freddie Bolt (Ackley Bridge), Jordan Reece (Emmerdale). Riley Carter (Eastenders) Sarah George, Alexa Lee and Gary Hanks (Hollyoaks).
Hear from Acting Alumni Dylan Hopkins
Gallery01 / 09
What you'll do
- Your studies will be practice based, emphasising the importance of technique - learning in workshops and assessed through performance.
- This is a production-based course, with the majority of your work directed towards performance, including to the public.
- You’ll learn from tutors who are experienced performing artists –professionals with a national, if not international, reputation.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
What can I do with an acting degree?
Our BA (Hons) Acting course offers a programme of industry-focused, highly vocational training designed to prepare you for the realities of a career in the acting profession.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Care Leaver Bursary
Our Care Leaver Bursary is for students who need extra support because they have been in care or are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Care Leaver Bursary
Estranged student support
Estranged Student Support Bursary is for students who need extra support because they are estranged from their parents.Find out more about Estranged student support
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you are from a low income household our Financial Bursary may be able to help.Find out more about Financial Bursary