Our aim is to broaden the cultural flavour and landscape of Preston, and the wider Lancashire community. In doing so, we aim to give learners a unique taste of Chinese culture as well as valuable opportunities to learn Mandarin Chinese.
Events and activities
As part of this work, we stage regular cultural and educational events in and around Preston and its surrounding towns. These include:
- ‘China Day’ in Preston’s Flag Market Square.
- Language classes for students and staff.
- Activity days at local schools and colleges.
- Taster sessions of Chinese culture including calligraphy, brush painting, tea ceremonies and more.
- Chinese New Year gala productions, performed by arts troupes from China.
- Annual Kite Festival and Dragon Boat Race.
- Guest lectures and art exhibitions.