Our Forensic Science provision has an outstanding reputation because of the expertise of our staff, our facilities and the breadth of our professionally accredited courses.
Our Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences accredited courses are designed and taught by experienced forensic scientists, crime scene investigators, senior police officers and research-active academics.
Study Forensic Science01 / 07
Our FARO laser scanning tech
I wanted a degree that could potentially get me into the world of forensic science, but also provide the groundwork that could be utilised in many other professional sectors.
Why choose us?
- Forensic Science is ranked 2nd in the UK for student satisfaction and 1st in the North West for research quality (Complete University Guide 2024).
- You’ll learn from former practising forensic scientists and CSIs as well as academics who are leaders in their field.
- We are 5th for both overall positivity and learning opportunities in the National Student Survey 2023 (compared with unis in the Guardian University Guide).
- Benefit from dedicated facilities, including crime scene houses and flats, garaged vehicle examination bay, analytical unit, laboratories, and a Hydra Minerva Simulation Suite. You’ll also access our large anthropological collections of human remains.
What job can you get with a forensic science degree?
The skills gained in a fire and safety degree will prepare you for employment in areas of forensics, chemistry or biotechnology. You'll gain knowledge in forensic investigation, crime scenes, law for forensic scientists and analysis of evidence.
Our graduates work in various sectors such as; government agencies, the Civil Service, education and research, NHS laboratories and private companies.
Studying forensic science could lead to a future career as a:
- Forensic Scientist
- Crime Scene Investigator
- Scientific Laboratory Technician
Explore our facilities
Meet the team
Our reputation has allowed us to recruit many high-ranking professionals from areas such as the police, forensic sciences and crime scene investigation, as well as world-leading academics.
Dr. Artur Witkowski teaches a wide range of science subjects including mathematics, thermodynamics, statistics and research methods for foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate students. Dr. Witkowski is enthusiastic about both the practice and philosophy of teaching and find i...
Tina joined us in September 2014 and is currently Course Leader for BSc (Hons) Forensic Science, MSci Forensic Science and Chemical Analysis and MSci Forensic Science and Molecular Biology. She has a background in Physics, Forensic Science and Accident Investigation and has inter...