Energy and Environment
Benefit from significant investment in the latest high-quality equipment and facilities available through our new £35 million Engineering Innovation Centre and real-life practical industrial experience in this rapidly growing field.
Our industry-led courses will provide you with the contemporary technical design, power generation and operations skills you need to increase energy efficiency and further develop renewable sources of energy.
Study Energy Engineering and Environment01 / 01
- We were awarded Athena Swan Bronze status, in recognition of our direct support for women within the School of Engineering, enabling women students to transition successfully into industry. The Athena Swan project is a charter scheme, aiming to address issues around gender and diversity. Our Women’s Engineering Network - a friendly group of women students and staff - regularly meet to explore all aspects of engineering and to offer each other mutual support at university and beyond.
Get to know us
Attend our Open Day and discover why our campus is the perfect place for you. You can ask current students about their experiences, speak to academics and get a feel for life at UCLan.Book an Open Day
Why choose us?
- During your studies at the University’s Preston Campus you’ll benefit from our new £35 million Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC).
- Our courses are informed by industrial developments meaning you’ll graduate with the skills and knowledge you need to engineer a sustainable future.
- Courses offer an optional placement in industry. Placements are an invaluable opportunity to help consolidate your learning, gain experience, and radically enhance your employability.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Explore the EIC
What our students say
What careers are there in energy?
Graduates can progress to employment in the growing renewable energy sector. You'll be able to work as a system engineer, design engineer, project engineer, energy consultant and in energy management.
Future careers in Energy and Environment
- Environmental consultant
- Environmental education officer
- Environmental engineer
- Environmental manager
- Minerals surveyor
- Nature conservation officer
- Recycling officer
- Sustainability consultant
- Waste management officer
- Water quality scientist
Explore the facilities
Take the next step
Study a degree at UCLan
Interested in studying a degree with us? From exploring accommodation to visiting us at an Open Day, find out everything you need to know about life at UCLan.