Our industry-led courses will provide you with the contemporary technical design, power generation and operations skills you need to increase energy efficiency and further develop renewable sources of energy.
Study Energy Engineering and Environment01 / 01
- We were awarded Athena Swan Bronze status, in recognition of our direct support for women within the School, enabling women who study with us to transition successfully into industry. The Athena Swan project is a charter scheme, aiming to address issues around gender and diversity. Our Women’s Engineering Network - a friendly group of women students and staff - regularly meet to explore all aspects of engineering and to offer each other mutual support at university and beyond.
Why choose us?
- During your studies at the University’s Preston Campus you’ll benefit from our new £35 million Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC).
- Our courses are informed by industrial developments meaning you’ll graduate with the skills and knowledge you need to engineer a sustainable future.
- Courses offer an optional placement in industry. Placements are an invaluable opportunity to help consolidate your learning, gain experience, and radically enhance your employability.
What our students say
The support I received from my tutors was amazing and I felt like they went the extra mile for me. The skills I learnt at UCLan have been invaluable to me in my professional roles and generally in my daily life.
What careers are there in energy?
Graduates can progress to employment in the growing renewable energy sector. You'll be able to work as a system engineer, design engineer, project engineer, energy consultant and in energy management.
Future careers in Energy and Environment
- Environmental consultant
- Environmental education officer
- Environmental engineer
- Environmental manager
- Minerals surveyor
- Nature conservation officer
- Recycling officer
- Sustainability consultant
- Waste management officer
- Water quality scientist
Explore the facilities
Meet the team
Tony teaches across a range of Engineering courses with a Mechanical bias, this includes Aerospace, Mechanical, Motorsport, Energy and Computer Aided Engineering courses. Coming from industry, Tony has a wealth of industrial experience and specialises in Computer Aided Design (C…
Dr Liben Jiang has intensive teaching and research experience in the building/energy-related subjects. He teaches various modules and supervises undergraduate and postgraduate students, including PhD research students. Dr Jiang’s research interests lie in the fields of thermoelec…