We have a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees suitable for you to ensure you are adequately skilled for this growing industry.
Our common computer science modules at the start of your undergraduate study give you the flexibility to transfer to other specialist courses in the second year. Find your niche in a range of areas, from Computer Science, Games Development, Software Engineering, Network Technology to Cyber Security.
Why choose us?
- Our courses have accreditation leading to (British Computer Society) MBCS, (Certified Information Technology Professional) CITP and partial CEng exemption from professional computing body The British Computer Society. All our new computer science courses have initial accreditation with BCS and will be fully accredited on completion of the first cohort.
- We have produced numerous finalists and winners at the Aardvark Swift ‘Search for a Star’ nationwide competition, judged by leading games industry representatives.
- You can take a one-year industrial placement after completing your second year. Most placements are UK-based, but opportunities exist for global placements.
Gallery01 / 07
Study Computer Science01 / 04
Romeela Nawaz - BSc (Hons) Forensic Computing
Jobs with a computer science degree
We place a strong emphasis on your employability. You'll get the opportunity to do a one-year industry-based placement after the completion of your second year. Most placements are UK-based. Some students have gone to English-speaking workplaces elsewhere in Europe. Sometimes they go further afield such as Australia, Japan and the USA. Placements have included companies such as D3T in Cheshire and Fujitsu in Germany.
Future careers in computer science and software engineering include:
- Web designer
- Software engineer
- Cyber security analyst
- IT consultant
- Web developer
- UX designer
- Forensic computer analyst
- Game developer
I enjoyed the hands on approach to most of the modules such as penetration testing to find vulnerabilities in old computer systems, and computer security. My ideal career now would be to work at GCHQ.
Explore the facilities
- We are an Educational Member of the British Computer Society providing benefits to our students such a free BCS membership for the duration of their Computer Science course. This help connections with the tech industry through BCS mentors, enables access to bespoke events with industry experts, as well as interactive career tools include CV writer, interview simulator, personal assessments and e-learning.
Meet the team
Oliver is a Professional Tutor in Computing and Doctoral Researcher currently studying methods of performance prediction within introductory programming courses.
Matt is the Foundation Year Tutor for all courses that come under the area of Computing. Matt teaches a range of subjects across both the undergraduate and postgraduate curriculum. He is a member of the internationally renowned Child Computer Interaction research group and specia…