If you want to create broadcast content for live clients, learn the very latest industry skills and gain production credits while you’re studying then our MA Television Production course is exactly what you’re looking for.
Why study with us
- Exceptional facilities based inside our Media Factory, which features a broadcast 4K, 12G LED television studio, production gallery, editing suites and much more.
- Get insider advice from industry practitioners through our regular guest lectures and workshops.
- Our unique cJAM employability event enables you to meet with industry insiders at a giant ‘speed pitching’ session for the chance to gain valuable placements and work opportunities.
What you'll do
- Work with our excellent post-production facilities, including networked computers equipped with Adobe Creative Cloud software.
- Other key facilities include an emotional intelligence facility, recording studios and digital sound suites for finishing and dubbing.
- Opportunities to collaborate on unique projects with film makers, musicians and performers (such as our ‘Soap In a Week’ project which was filmed using an outdoor set on campus).
Ethan and Chloe MA TV Production
Gallery01 / 05
- TE4001: Production Skills
- TE4002: Group Project
- TE4003: Final Project
TE4001: Production Skills
This module aims to encourage your purposeful and analytical approach to TV Production practice, to accommodate the generation of a body of TV Production professional-level work and to promote a self-critical and self-accountable approach to TV Production working methods.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Television Production facilities
This course bridges the gap between academia, practical skills development and industry. It focuses on addressing skills shortages in both production management and studio engineering.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
The Royal Television Society Bursary
The Royal Television Society (RTS) is offering a Bursary Award to talented students from lower-income backgrounds with an interest in pursuing a career in television.Find out more about The Royal Television Society Bursary
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships