Renewable Energy Engineering
Designed to help you develop critical understanding, the course will equip you with the engineering knowledge and practical skills necessary to develop and implement creative solutions to engineering problems encountered in renewable energy capture and conversion, sustainable system design and analysis, project development and implementation.
Why study with us
- Accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- You’ll benefit from our new £35 million Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC), which provides an integrated space for teaching and research with direct links to industry
- Through our facilities at the EIC you’ll get the chance to work on live, real-world projects with commercial partners in state-of-the-art facilities
What you’ll do
- You’ll have the chance to undertake a professional placement in industry (this will extend your study time by six to twelve months)
- We offer an additional short course enabling you to gain valuable extra skills in areas such as electric circuits, rotating machines, maths and more
- Opportunities to undertake site visits to renewable energy installations throughout the UK
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Study in our Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC)
During your studies with us you’ll benefit from our new £35 million EIC building which provides an integrated teaching space in state-of-the-art facilities.Find out more
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by the EI on behalf of the Engineering Council, which plays an active role in ensuring that the course is developed to meet the needs of industry. The EI is a chartered professional membership body bringing together expertise to tackle urgent global challenges, responding to the climate emergency while meeting the energy needs of the world’s growing population.
- This MSc is accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) on behalf of the Engineering Council as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for registration as a Chartered Engineer. Candidates must hold a CEng accredited BEng/BSc (Hons) undergraduate first degree to comply with full CEng registration requirements.
After graduating from this course you’ll have gained the skills and knowledge required for a successful career in the growing renewable energy sector.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Engineering located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page