Develop the critical understanding and practical skills needed to solve engineering problems creatively. Develop and implement solutions to engineering problems in renewable energy capture and sustainable design systems.
Why study with us
- Accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- You’ll benefit from our new £35 million Engineering Innovation Centre (EIC), which provides an integrated space for teaching and research with direct links to industry
- Through our facilities at the EIC you’ll get the chance to work on live, real-world projects with commercial partners in state-of-the-art facilities
What you’ll do
- You’ll have the chance to undertake a professional placement in industry (this will extend your study time by six to twelve months)
- We offer an additional short course enabling you to gain valuable extra skills in areas such as electric circuits, rotating machines, maths and more
- Opportunities to undertake site visits to renewable energy installations throughout the UK
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by the EI on behalf of the Engineering Council, which plays an active role in ensuring that the course is developed to meet the needs of industry. The EI is a chartered professional membership body bringing together expertise to tackle urgent global challenges, responding to the climate emergency while meeting the energy needs of the world’s growing population.
- This MSc is accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) on behalf of the Engineering Council as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for registration as a Chartered Engineer. Candidates must hold a CEng accredited BEng/BSc (Hons) undergraduate first degree to comply with full CEng registration requirements.
Katerina is the MSc Renewable Energy Engineering Course Leader. She is teaching both undergraduate and postgraduate students. Her background is in Physics and her particular expertise and research interest is on Renewable Energy and Photovoltaic systems. Katerina supervises unde…
Ahmed has been awarded his PhD from the School of Mechanical and Systems Engineering, Design Unit and Mechatronics Group, Newcastle University, UK. His main research interests are intelligent diagnostics and health management systems, intelligent maintenance systems, advanced mec…
After graduating from this course you’ll have gained the skills and knowledge required for a successful career in the growing renewable energy sector.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
We offer student athletes support and opportunities for their playing careers whilst they study a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Engineering and Computing
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page