Our MA in Religion, Culture and Society combines the disciplines of theology, philosophy, sociology, politics and international relations in an innovative, exciting and challenging postgraduate degree award.
Why study with us
- This popular area of study responds to a number of high-level directives and guidelines including the Council of Europe, the Religious Education Council of England and Wales and Ofsted.
- You’ll be examining classical and contemporary theological and philosophical concepts and theories of faith in relation to lived environments.
What you'll do
- You’ll also gain key employability and transferable skills for the world of work.
- There are field trips to places like Liverpool Cathedrals, Ladywelle Pilgrimage and Shrine and the Hindu Temple.
- You’ll be taught by a team who are recognised experts in their fields and who are committed to delivering academic learning of the highest quality.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Explore the course01 / 03
Discover our Religion, Culture and Society course
We offer a Summer School bridging onto the MA
- The summer schools bridging module has been developed specifically to support the development of Academic Skills for Postgraduate Study
- It is designed to be a route into postgraduate study for students from a non-traditional academic background
- We also support professionals who have the required qualifications but would like a refresher before returning to study
If you are interested in the summer school please contact Carolyn directly for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
The RCS lecturers are friendly and make you feel at home from your very first day! Dialogue between staff and students is at the heart of the RCS course.
Regional trips01 / 09
International Trips01 / 07
Carolyn joined UCLan and the Combined Honours Team in 2003 as the Senior Lecturer responsible for the 1st year cohort. In August 2006, she became the Programme Leader for “Religion, Culture & Society” (RCS). Carolyn developed RCS, both undergraduate and postgraduate courses, and…
Peter teaches a range of subjects from varied areas of Philosophy, though always works broadly within the analytic tradition. He has published widely in bioethics, and has also produced work on both the theoretical and the moral philosophy of Immanuel Kant. He is co-editor of a n…
Our links with local, national and international faith and intercultural forums, faith schools, academic institutions and charities will help if you’re interested in teaching, ministry, inter-faith and inter-cultural dialogue and relations.
An MA in Religion, Culture and Society can lead to rewarding academic and professional careers in the private or public sector.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
We offer student athletes support and opportunities for their playing careers whilst they study a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount
This course is based in the School of Psychology and Humanities
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page