Carl Morris is a Lecturer in Religion, Culture and Society. He teaches across a wide range of areas relation to contemporary religion, sociology and cultural studies. His principal area of research expertise relates to Contemporary Islam and the Sociology of Religion. To date his publications and research interests have focused on British Muslim cultural production, ranging from music and comedy to film and television.
Carl is a Teaching Fellow for the Higher Education Authority and sits on the university ethics panel.
Carl has been appointed to a number of external research organisations, including as General Secretary for the Muslims in Britain Research Network (2014-17) and as a Committee Member for the BSA Sociology of Religion Study Group (2011-2016).
For a full list of Carl's publications please visit: Clok
- PhD Religious Studies, Cardiff University, 2013.
- RB1003 - Dharma Religions
- RB1017 - Religion, Society and the State
- RB2010 - Hinduism & Buddhism Mod. World
- RB2018 - Transatlantic Religion
- RB2000 - Fundamentalism & Cultural Heritage
- RB3007 - Religion, Media and Culture
- RB4012 - Religion, Post-colonialism and the Global South