The MA Publishing at UCLan and its affiliate industry partner, UCLan Publishing, are award-winning and widely recognised in industry as innovators. Since 2018, UCLan Publishing has produced 73 books, had 27 award nominations, signed 57 authors and 47 illustrators.
Why study with us
- We have an extensive network in industry – working across different genres and publishing houses – who visit regularly to support student learning.
- This is a highly vocational MA programme designed to support CV building. It's ideal for those needing more work experience or for career changers.
- We are the founders of the Northern Young Adult Literary Festival. An Arts Council funded festival designed to make Children’s and Young Adult books more accessible to an audience in the North. The festival has had prestigious authors attend. From Juno Dawson, Holly Bourne, Melinda Salisbury, Matt Killeen, Patrice Lawrence to Yaba Badoe.
Gallery01 / 04
What you'll do
- We provide opportunities for students to immerse themselves in the world of Publishing. You can opt to take part in our mentoring initiative. Gain alumni and/or industry mentoring to build a network for your professional development. We have also taken students on trips to London Book Fair and Bologna Book Fair.
- Students will work on a live project for their MA qualification. This means working with an author to produce a book to professional standards. Where possible, we also work interdisciplinary and this has included working with Illustration, Creative Writing, Photography, Film and TV, Animation and Acting.
- The curriculum has been designed so every component is incredibly practical. This is to help you develop a wide range of soft and hard skills sought after in industry.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
Hear from our published authors
View the course facilities
Hear from our students
Working in publishing is exciting! Seeing books that you have had an opportunity to be a part of stocked at major (and independent!) retailers. Seeing readers enjoying the work and your author’s success is immensely rewarding. An industry that is both highly creative and self-conscious.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Arts and Media located in the Faculty of Culture and Creative Industries
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page