Alexa has been teaching on the MA Publishing at The University of Central Lancashire for 5 years and gained her qualifications from us. Her particular interests lie in Marketing, Social Media, Publicity and Sales and she has a background working in the Sales department at Macmillan publishers.
Alexa is currently Course Leader for the Times Higher Award winning MA Publishing. She focuses on continually building the MA curriculum to be highly vocational for the benefit of student employability and embedded into our own commercial publishing house, UCLan Publishing, which operates out of the university. This means students get a unique, behind-the-scenes, understanding of how a publishing house operates. She is also due to gain her Fellowship in Teaching.
There have always been two strands to Alexa's career: Publishing and Employability. These have merged together very successfully into her role as Lecturer and Course Leader because she has a keen understanding of the needs of recruiters and industry but also for students and becoming competitive candidates. She gained her degree in English Literary Studies at UCLan and this was later followed with the completion of an MA Publishing. She went to work for Palgrave Macmillan starting out in Marketing and then moved into Sales. She has also worked as part of the employability team for The University of Central Lancashire and has also spent time working in Recruitment.
- Fellowship in Teaching, UCLan - current
- MA Publishing, UCLan - 2012
- BA Publishing, UCLan 2007
- The MA Publishing won The Times Higher Award in 2018
- UCLan Publishing won Best Newcomer from the Independent Publishers Association in 2019
- JN4604 - Children's Writing and Publishing
- JN4407 - Issues and Innovations in Publishing
- JN4404 - Major Publishing Project
- JN4403 - Editorial and Production Process
- JN4401 - Digital Publishing
- JN4402 - The Business of Books - Sales, Marketing and Publicity
- JN4420 - Audio Books
- Children's Publishing
- Business and Strategy
- Social Media Marketing
- Marketing/ Sales
- Curriculum Design