Our MSc International Hospitality and Tourism Management programme enables you to gain deeper understanding of different cultures, working in a tourism and / or hospitality environment, in a country that may be different to your own.
Why study with us
- We are affiliated to the Association of Tourism in Higher Education (ATHE)
- We have extensive industry links across the service sector, both in the UK and overseas
- An optional placement enables international students to gain deeper understanding of working in a tourism and / or hospitality environment, in a country that may be different to their own.
My passion is in being in service to others, specifically in the hospitality and tourism industry as it can be applied into any field of work. I decided it would be great to continue the course at a master's level.
What you'll do
- An option to complete a work placement is open to students who successfully complete four taught modules and a research element.
- You’ll be prepared for a career in tourism and/or hospitality, or a related occupation by developing professional and transferable skills. Students who successfully complete a Professional Work Placement in Tourism, Hospitality, Events, in addition to meeting the requirements of the award, will have the award “with Placement”.
- The programmes offer an opportunity to develop your ability to undertake independent, critical and substantive research and investigation within the area of international hospitality and tourism.
- BM4011: Tourism, Hospitality and Events: Principles and Practice
- BM4012: Tourism, Hospitality and Events: Past, Present and Future
- BM4013: Global Tourism, Hospitality and Events Experience Economy
- BM4014: Digital Tourism, Hospitality and Events
- BM4015: Special Interest Tourism
- BM4200: Research Project
- BM4219: Management Consultancy Project
BM4011: Tourism, Hospitality and Events: Principles and Practice
This module aims to allow you to determine and evaluate the current trends and contemporary debates and developments in international tourism, hospitality and event management and their implications for people, places, organisations and effective international business. The module applies the concepts and principles of service sector management within a diverse global arena. It further examines a range of practices from an international perspective to develop a broad understanding to the cultural complexity and challenge of working within the service industry.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- Our course has been accredited by the Institute of Hospitality, the professional body for managers and aspiring managers in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industry worldwide.
We have great links with a range of varied employers across the service sector, both within the UK and overseas. The School enjoys all the benefits of cross industry participation and employability support and guidance for students. In addition to this, we remain affiliated to the Association of Tourism in Higher Education – a tourism led body that both informs the curriculum and future developments across tourism education today.
You’ll be expected to secure your own preferred work placement with a suitable employer, with the support and guidance of the School and the Careers Services.
Dorota (Dot) is looking after the Tourism, Hospitality and Events Masters courses at the University of Central Lancashire. Dot's main focus is teaching, particularly in the area of health and wellness Tourism, personal and professional development for Tourism, Hospitality and Eve...
At present, Carley plays a key role on the lecturing team within the division of Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management, both on the Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes. As course leader, she leads the BA (Hons) International Tourism Management programme at all levels,...
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount