Human Resource Management
Our MSc in Human Resource Management is ideal if you’re interested in how organisations get the best out of people and have little or no work experience since graduation. It will give you enough knowledge and skill to build a career in an organisation that has significant people management dimensions within it.
Why study with us
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). The CIPD is the professional body for HRM/HRD professionals in the UK, and further afield.
- You’ll graduate with both an MSc in Human Resource Management (HRM) and a Level 7 qualification from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
- You’ll network with practitioners at events hosted by the Institute for Research into Work, Organisations and Employment (iROWE) along with CIPD local branches and National conferences organised by the CIPD.
What you'll do
- You’ll critically evaluate the principles and practices of Human Resource Management from an academic and organisational standpoint.
- You’ll develop ideas and arguments, identify appropriate professional responses and apply key skills and knowledge, along with demonstrating your continuous professional development (CPD).
- On completion once you have gained enough work experience and the necessary evidence you will be able to apply to the CIPD for Chartered status.
Modules HR4203 and HR4204 are subject to demand only.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
View the course facilities
- This course is accredited by the CIPD, the professional body for Human Resources and people development. The course is mapped against their professional standards. We are an established CIPD accredited centre with a track record of delivering high-quality people management education. Upon graduation from this course, you will gain Associate Membership, with the opportunity to upgrade your status to gain further professional recognition.
Upon graduation you’ll receive the University’s MSc in Human Resource Management and will meet the CIPD’s skills and knowledge requirements once you have the necessary work experience for membership.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page