Interested in Law but don't have a law degree? Our LLM in Foundations of Legal Knowledge will provide you with the legal knowledge to pursue a successful career in Law. Designed especially for non-law graduates or those who have an overseas Law degree.
Why study with us
- You’ll develop a detailed understanding of foundational areas of law required to progress onto a successful career in the law
- Through your dissertation you’ll have the opportunity to explore an area of your choice in more depth
- You’ll be taught by research active, professionally qualified staff with experience in practice
What you'll do
- With online delivery you’ll have synchronous lectures and workshops which promotes interactive real-time learning. Each module has a dedicated Blackboard space with learning and revision materials.
- You will receive excellent levels of guidance and support that will help you think like a lawyer and focus on key skills you will need for a life in legal practice.
- We have superb links with the legal profession, and you will have access to employability enhancement opportunities like the Judge Marshalling Scheme. Plus our Advice and Resolution Centre’s Law Clinic and Centre for Mediation offers you first-hand experiences of legal practice. It provides you with opportunities to deal with real cases.
This is a distance learning course which is taught entirely online with no face-to-face teaching.
Please note the delivery information for this course is accurate for the academic year 2023/24. The information displayed in this section may not yet accurately reflect how the course will be delivered in 2024/25 but this information will be updated by December 2023.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
We have great links with the law profession and you’ll benefit from visits and talks from leading practitioners, academics, barristers, solicitors and judges.
Our LLM in Foundations of Legal Knowledge provides a pathway into legal practice for non-law graduates who want to progress onto further qualification as a solicitor or a barrister.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
We offer student athletes support and opportunities for their playing careers whilst they study a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount