Drug Discovery & Development
Our MSc Drug Discovery and Development course is ideal if you wish to pursue a career in the pharmaceutical industry, you will also have the opportunity to go on an optional professional placement.
Why study with us
- You’ll learn about current and emerging trends in drug discovery, drug design and regulatory sciences through a combination of lectures, seminars and practical sessions delivered by highly experienced academics and industry experts.
- We have excellent links with some of the biggest names in the pharmaceutical industry and you’ll have the opportunity to go on a professional placement and gain valuable work experience.
- You’ll be taught by research-active staff with extensive academics, industrial and clinical expertise.
Gallery01 / 05
What you'll do
- Develop a range of transferable skills required in the global pharmaceutical industry and beyond.
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of the drug discovery and development process.
- You will have opportunities build your research skills and practical experience.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
View the course facilities
When you graduate you’ll be equipped with a knowledge and skills base that will allow you to pursue a range of scientific and non-scientific careers within pharmaceutical work environments.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences located in the Faculty of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page