Our MSc Computing course will equip you with advanced skills in the design and development of computer systems, preparing you for a thriving career in the digital industry.
Why study with us
- Throughout the course you’ll explore software development, project management and user-centred system design in depth.
- Optional modules enable you to advance your skills in IT security, web application development, and more.
- Be market ready with skills that are needed in industry.
What you'll do
- You’ll have the opportunity to gain vital work experience by taking on an industrial placement (this will extend your study time by 6-12 months).
- We have several active research groups in the Computing area that you may want to get involved with.
- Throughout your studies you’ll be taught by a passionate team of experienced lecturers, many of whom are still active and influential in the industry.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus, with some online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
We have collaborated with Sony, BAE Systems and a variety of UK and overseas Universities, which will enrich your postgraduate learning experience.
Our advanced MSc Computing qualification can open doors to a huge range of careers and enable you to make your mark in the digital revolution as it transforms every aspect of the world around us.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Psychology and Computer Science located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page